Your Complete Support Team
We know the decision to get help is not always an easy one. We’re glad you are taking the necessary steps you need and want you to know what to expect. At Gregory Narron, MD & Associates, we are committed to supporting and partnering with you in devising you own treatment strategy. We want you to feel healthier and to grow in your knowledge of yourself and your motivations, so that you can further develop as a person.
GREGORY NARRON, MD
Dr. Narron believes that mental health is the key to true health. Though he began his medical training in general surgery, he ultimately decided upon psychiatry. Dr. Narron is trained in adult and child psychiatry. He finds that treating children and adults allows for a deeper developmental perspective about how symptoms present over a lifetime.
In his 20 year career in Asheville, Dr. Narron has been involved in systems of care in his community. He has served as medical director of a start-up adolescent hospital program, as a board member of a start-up private school, and as a psychiatric consultant to non-profit organizations. He is currently serving as the psychiatric consultant to several private boarding schools, therapeutic boarding schools, therapeutic residential communities and a wilderness therapy program for adolescents. He uses a systems approach whether providing individual care or organizational consultation.
- Medical degree, East Carolina University School of Medicine, (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society).
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Residency Training
- General Surgery, Penn State University Hospital, (3 years)
- General Psychiatry, University of Virginia Health System (2 years)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, University of North Carolina Health Care (2 years)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Joel Puryear, PA-C
Joel believes that the best way to help patients address their mental health needs is to provide a safe and approachable environment with evidence based treatment. He practices a team approach collaborating with the patient, therapists, psychologists, general practitioners, and other health care providers for best health outcomes. He is honored to serve on the Board of Directors at Our VOICE, Buncombe county’s sexual assault center.
- Masters in Clinical Health Services, MEDEX Northwest Physician Assistant Program University of Washington School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resource Management, Georgia Southern University
- AAS, Emergency Medical Science, Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (PA-C)
- Licensed by the North Carolina Medical Board
Robbie Hendon, LPC
Robbie has been a certified counselor for 21 years, specializing in the treatment of depression, anxiety and conflicts with family, friends and co-workers. Before joining Gregory Narron, MD & Associations, Robbie worked with clients and families through Asheville Christian Counseling, Buncombe County Schools and Family Life and Learning Center in North Carolina.
- Master of Science from Johns Hopkins University
- School Counselor (Grades K-12) for 16 years
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, 2004 to present
- Buncombe County Elementary Counselor of the Year, 2002-2003