Your Complete Support Team
We know the decision to get help is not always an easy one. We’re glad you are taking the necessary steps you need and want you to know what to expect. At Gregory Narron, MD & Associates, we are committed to supporting and partnering with you in devising you own treatment strategy. We want you to feel healthier and to grow in your knowledge of yourself and your motivations, so that you can further develop as a person.
GREGORY NARRON, MD
Dr. Narron believes that mental health is the key to true health. Though he began his medical training in general surgery, he ultimately decided upon psychiatry. Dr. Narron is trained in adult and child psychiatry. He finds that treating children and adults allows for a deeper developmental perspective about how symptoms present over a lifetime.
In his 20 year career in Asheville, Dr. Narron has been involved in systems of care in his community. He has served as medical director of a start-up adolescent hospital program, as a board member of a start-up private school, and as a psychiatric consultant to non-profit organizations. He is currently serving as the psychiatric consultant to several private boarding schools, therapeutic boarding schools, therapeutic residential communities and a wilderness therapy program for adolescents. He uses a systems approach whether providing individual care or organizational consultation.
- Medical degree, East Carolina University School of Medicine, (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society).
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Residency Training
- General Surgery, Penn State University Hospital, (3 years)
- General Psychiatry, University of Virginia Health System (2 years)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, University of North Carolina Health Care (2 years)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Jason Fredericks, PA-C
Jason Fredericks is a nationally certified physician assistant specializing in Psychiatry. Jason obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biology at UNCA and his Masters of Public Health at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. After working several years in Physical Rehabilitation, he went on to study medicine at Northern Arizona University in Phoenix, Arizona. During his education he developed an interest in Psychiatry while at the Phoenix Veteran Affairs Emergency Department and while providing care at the large prison system in Arizona. After working Gastroenterology for a short while, Jason decided to pursue Psychiatry full time.
Jason is a WNC native who cares deeply about he health of Asheville and the surrounding communities. He focuses on evidence-based approaches to health, while also considering the individual’s wishes and their environment. He believes that collaborating with other medical and mental health providers is essential in optimizing care. He is committed to working toward your health.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Northern Arizona University at Phoenix Biomedical Campus
- Master of Public Health, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of North Carolina at Asheville
- The Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Scottsdale Arizona Campus
- Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistant
- Licensed by the North Carolina Medical Board
Robbie Hendon, LPC
Robbie has been a certified counselor for 21 years, specializing in the treatment of depression, anxiety and conflicts with family, friends and co-workers. Before joining Gregory Narron, MD & Associations, Robbie worked with clients and families through Asheville Christian Counseling, Buncombe County Schools and Family Life and Learning Center in North Carolina.
- Master of Science from Johns Hopkins University
- School Counselor (Grades K-12) for 16 years
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, 2004 to present
- Buncombe County Elementary Counselor of the Year, 2002-2003